Everyone's got one... So here's mine!!!

Vol II: The Mis-Adventure Continues
Funny stories, witty encounters and serious reflections from Malaysia as experienced by a vegetarian struggling to understand the world.

Visit my new home at
www.adriantai.com
for more comprehensive updates.


Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Okami vision

I recently dropped by my future home, Setia Alam, just to see how the place is progressing. Setia Alam is a new housing project by the award winning SP Setia.

During the visit, I managed to take a few photos to share with friends and family. Also, I think it would be nice to look back 20 years later and tell others how Setia Alam looked like when it first started out.

My wife was going through the photos when she saw this one:

This is one of the lakes in Setia Alam... I think it is called the Western Lake.

She asked me to draw a circle around the tree.

At first I was puzzled... Huh? Circle around the tree? What for?

Then I realised... She has been watching me play the Playstation 2 (PS2) game called Okami. In this game, you can manipulate the environment by drawing certain shapes. And when you draw a circle around a dead tree, the tree gets 'rejuvenated' and comes back to life!

Screen shots from the PS2 game Okami, showing how to rejuvenate a dead tree...

And I thought she could not be bothered about what I play on the PS2... Okami is a very beautiful and colourful game. There are some (Chinese and Japanese) myths incorporated into the game as well. And so far, in the 5+ hours I have played the game, there are still no stage in the game in which I cannot overcome (meaning the game is still quite easy to play).

Anyway, I think it's a good idea to 'rejuvenate' the tree in Setia Alam. So, I present to you the tree-rejuvenation process...

First, find a tree. Next, draw a circle around the tree... And finally, enjoy nature's beauty!

OK, I know... The rejuvenated tree looks a bit 'cacat-ed'.

Incidentally, if you are interested to know more about Setia Alam, do drop my an email or just leave your questions in the comments section. I'm more than happy to share with you my thoughts about my new home. The residents here have even got a website already!

Labels:




Please leave your comments. There are 6 comment(s).

On 11/13/2006 04:45:00 PM Blogger Phenom said:
cacat la you...hahaha.. lidat also can... hehe..
On 11/13/2006 04:56:00 PM Blogger Phenom said:
Dun feel like buying okami leh...non rpg, no interest.. sad la rurouni kenshin dun haf stock... sigh..
On 11/13/2006 06:06:00 PM Blogger adriantai said:
it is RPG (Role Playing Game) la...

You play the role of the doggy... Actually a 'god', I believe...
On 11/14/2006 10:45:00 AM Blogger Phenom said:
Not my type leh... I dun like to be dog.. or god...or whatever...hehe I like to be hero - the one that fight dragons and save poor damsels wan..
On 11/14/2006 05:53:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
ROFL. Creative artwork :)
Nice blog btw.
On 11/17/2006 05:51:00 PM Blogger adriantai said:
just realised... 'dog' spelt backword is 'god'. i mean no offence though... just something i noticed... heh heh...

wei, okami is nice la... :P
Click here to return to Main Page.


Visit Malaysia 2007



||::RELATED ARTICLES::||
Visting Malaysia
Port Dickson

||::INFORMATIVE SITES::||
www.tourism.gov.my
www.marimari.com
www.cuti.com.my

My Sites

My Chatbox

Please DO NOT feed trolls.
Trolls may end up getting upset stomach and cr4p all over.
Thank you.

Last 10 Posts

Post by Labels

Archived Posts

The Red Book

Friends

TheFreeDictionary.com #1

Hangman

My Hangouts

My sponsors

Interesting blogs

My Visitors

About me

A vegetarian who like to share what little he knows with anyone interested to listen. A husband to a very wonderful and lovely girl. A son who loves his parents but does not know how to express it correctly. An elder brother trying to make up for the mis-steps in the past. A colleague everyone just loves to smack on the head.

An Inconvenient Truth



YTL's Climate Change Week
6th - 9th Mar 2007

TheFreeDictionary.com #2

Word of the Day

Misc Buttons

Add to Technorati Favorites Varb For Me







Powered by Blogger