Everyone's got one... So here's mine!!!

Vol II: The Mis-Adventure Continues
Funny stories, witty encounters and serious reflections from Malaysia as experienced by a vegetarian struggling to understand the world.

Visit my new home at
www.adriantai.com
for more comprehensive updates.


Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Wedding update 2


I wonder...

Touch 'N Go claims to have 3 million cardholders and 500 000 SmartTAGs. If 5% of the cardholders are also Zing users (150 000 Zing users), Rangkaian Segar (Touch 'N Go operator) stands to earn rm300k yearly in interest from the rm50 deposit (assuming interest at 4% pa). When you terminate or surrender the card, there is also a rm5 processing fee. This means the operator can 'safely' put this amount in a fixed deposit account. With 3 million users, that's rm600k pa at 4% in interest earned. Easily a million ringgit business a year for just having users.

Wah, how can I get into this business as well?


Headache!

Traffic jam is back. It took me more than 30 minutes to get to my office today when it took me just 15 minutes last week. *sigh*

The wedding guest list is also another problem. I have to really emphasize that it can be a MAJOR problem. If any couples plan to get married and ask me for advice, I would tell them to first start with the list. Why?
1. To book the venue, you first need to know how many people are coming or at least you plan to have. After all, the venue have got a seating capacity and may not be able to meet your requirements.
2. Once you have a list, you then know how many cards to print.
3. From the list, you can then calculate how much money you will need to spend. Yes, there is a cost to each guest from invitation card (printing & stamp cost) to wedding favours (yes, I have something planned out for my guests). Then there's the obvious dinner costing.

I will share more on how my nightmare started another day.

But I have to say that I'm really lucky to have:
1. a very understanding wife. She is suffering a lot from this guest list problem. She practically could not invite any of her friends.
2. very good friends who continuously remind me and keep me on track when it comes to the wedding plans. Every now and then, they would even offer to help out with whatever arrangements. To them, I really have to thank you very, very much! I'm so very touched! I will let you know if I need additional help. At the moment, we're still OK.

Some have asked how come there are no photos of Xiao Fen, my wife. Well, I am saving the best for last. Yes, I will not be posting a photo of her here... Yet.

Like happy4ever said, I'm going to camwh0re and post another photo of myself. My wife's favourite. She saw the photo I posted yesterday and said this one looks better:

My wife likes this photo

Me? I like ALL my photos... Hahahaha...

Labels: ,




Please leave your comments. There are 15 comment(s).

On 11/02/2006 12:46:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
(Nice photo :) )

Yes, would have to agree that the guest list is important. You would also do well to give the people on the list a call to find out if they are able to turn up for your wedding so you won't waste money by sending cards to guests who won't turn up. There may be some ill-mannered guests who tell you they will turn up and then fail to turn up for your wedding banquet, thus incurring the cost of the card and the place at the dinner. Some of these guests might not give you a gift or red packet as compensation. Being in the wedding industry, I have seen my fair share of such people. :(

Wish you all the best and I do hope that you have a very blessed wedding.
On 11/03/2006 07:20:00 PM Blogger adriantai said:
hi...

thanks for dropping by.

yup, dat is what i am doing. i call and confirm that my guests can make it first. Only then i pass them an invitation.

the chinese custom is that once u receive a card, you *should* give something (usually red packets with $$$) even if you are not going to attend. so this way, not only do i save the trees, the friends who can't make it will be feel like they need to give me any gift.

having said this, i still find some who want the card before deciding if they can make it or not. relatives, actually. friends actually said they don't need a card. as long as i've informed them, they will come! :)

for me, i just want to share the special day with all my friends. however, as mentioned in my post, i am currently limited by the seating capacity of the restaurant and i can only blame myself for not coming up with the correct number of guests much earlier. :(
On 11/03/2006 11:10:00 PM Blogger michsue said:
i tot i was the only camwhore around... didnt know it was contagious... sorry for causing u to haf "camwhoritis"... hehehe... ;P
On 11/05/2006 05:09:00 AM Blogger juliamoh said:
ooh, leng chai again ;)

wanna see your wife :(
On 11/06/2006 09:01:00 AM Blogger adriantai said:
julz...

coming soon. :)
save the best for last ma...

as for the camwh0re condition, michsue, i'll be sending you my doctor's bills. :D
On 11/06/2006 10:40:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
WAAAAAAAAHH! So ensem la!

You're at the stage where both of you syiok sendiri at your own photos. I know, I've been there last Feb! Nobody else would appreciate the shots more than the two of you. Since I've been through that stage, I could appreciate the intricacies of wedding photography. I think those shots are dem good! Weldone, you got yourself a good photographer...

My advice, if you're gonna burn money during wedding, burn it on a good photographer. You won't regret it as that's the only piece of memory you can tapau!

I trust that my name and my lou po is among the top in your guest list. I can't wait to be your hengtai-commander-in-chief!

See you in 3 weeks!
On 11/07/2006 09:06:00 AM Blogger adriantai said:
ya-ya...!!! :)

i have to agree. now looking around for a 'affordable' photographer. *sigh*

never realised how much these ppl charge! wah, and all this time when i comes to computers, i do for free!!! :(
On 11/09/2006 01:30:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Hi Adrian!
OMG!!!! I'm your dad's colleague and I just discovered we both have a common friend, Sherman Yap.

Btw, congrats on your wedding! Another new chapter of life has been unfolded.

Cheers
On 11/09/2006 09:31:00 AM Blogger adriantai said:
ok... one less topic to blog. mental note: dun write anything bad about my dad unless Vicky pays me... heh heh...

how you know sherman...?
On 11/09/2006 12:43:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
no worries mate. we are all adults. :)

Sherman...hmmm frankly speaking, almost lost touch with him if not with the happy4ever nick.
On 11/09/2006 04:25:00 PM Blogger Phenom said:
haahha....dam oi la you..
On 11/13/2006 11:38:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
happy4ever, i don't know what benefits you to accuse me. you think it is a funny joke?
On 11/13/2006 12:02:00 PM Blogger adriantai said:
vicky, dun worry too much la.

happy's know to shoot off his mouth/ fingers before thinking about it...

to put it bluntly, he can be quite crude with his remarks. for me, i just learnt to not bother with them.

yes, happy... in case u dun realise... sometimes your jokes are not that funny at all. having said that, i still sayang you for what you are... heh heh...
On 11/13/2006 03:53:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
adrian. i'm not worrying. but the remarks was annoying though.

And Sherman, that's not funny. I'll pardon you this time. :)
On 11/15/2006 03:41:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Hi Adrian!!

Thanks for the 'special' update :o) that was very thoughtful of you. Milinda and I are really looking forward to your wedding!!

Great photos too... you poser!!! :o)

see you both soon,
Nushkie
Click here to return to Main Page.


Visit Malaysia 2007



||::RELATED ARTICLES::||
Visting Malaysia
Port Dickson

||::INFORMATIVE SITES::||
www.tourism.gov.my
www.marimari.com
www.cuti.com.my

My Sites

My Chatbox

Please DO NOT feed trolls.
Trolls may end up getting upset stomach and cr4p all over.
Thank you.

Last 10 Posts

Post by Labels

Archived Posts

The Red Book

Friends

TheFreeDictionary.com #1

Hangman

My Hangouts

My sponsors

Interesting blogs

My Visitors

About me

A vegetarian who like to share what little he knows with anyone interested to listen. A husband to a very wonderful and lovely girl. A son who loves his parents but does not know how to express it correctly. An elder brother trying to make up for the mis-steps in the past. A colleague everyone just loves to smack on the head.

An Inconvenient Truth



YTL's Climate Change Week
6th - 9th Mar 2007

TheFreeDictionary.com #2

Word of the Day

Misc Buttons

Add to Technorati Favorites Varb For Me







Powered by Blogger