Everyone's got one... So here's mine!!!

Vol II: The Mis-Adventure Continues
Funny stories, witty encounters and serious reflections from Malaysia as experienced by a vegetarian struggling to understand the world.

Visit my new home at
www.adriantai.com
for more comprehensive updates.


Monday, October 16, 2006

Cruising along memory avenue


I wonder...
I have a pair of shoes - left and right. But how come the shoelace on the left side gets un-tied so many times in a week? The right side seems to just stay... tied. Can't be that I walk more on the left side. Maybe smaller left leg? And to think I always tie the left side extra tight.
And yes... I use the lazyman's way when I take off or put on my shoes (no need to untie the shoe laces, just squeeze through la).
Why?


Getting ready of the wedding includes cleaning up my room (for the new bed and cupboard). My room is a total wreck. Everytime I see news footage of bombings or hurricanes, I am reminded of my room. Yes, it is that messy. Heck, I won't be surprised if the National Geographic team discovers a new species of mold or spider in my room. Not that I'm that proud of my messy room.

The thing is, I keep lots of stuffs. I still have stickers from primary school. I keep toys that I no longer play. Yes, I still hold on to the notes my secondary school clasmates pass around in class. I think there is a medical condition to describe what I do. But to me, the past is what makes me the me that you know today.

Anyway, over the weekend, I took time out to try and clear out some of the stuffs in my room. First thing to go into the trash was my colleague reference books.

I don't know why I kept them since I never used them after my college days

I still keep them. But I realised that after my college, I have never actually taken out the books or even looked at them. So conclusion - waste of space. Can't really donate the books since some of them were on PASCAL and BASIC. Yes, I'm that old. I dun think PASCAL or BASIC is still around anyway. Next best thing - recycle. Yup, they will go to the 'old newspaper' man.

But the books were not the thing that brought back memories. It was the scribbling I did when the lecturer was going on and on about one thing or another. It was also the little notes and test papers that I had 'filed' between the pages. Yes, that's how I do my filing back then - put the relevant papers between the pages of the book (same subject, of course). Didn't realise I answered some business papers that good. In fact, if I had not seen in between my pages, I would have thought it was written by some business guru. OK, it's not THAT good but still good.

Next were the CDs and DVDs. Hmmm... They are all still good. So they are NOT going to the garbage bin. The problem? The jewel case (CD casing) is there. But where's the CD? Then there's the other problem. The DVD is NOT in the right case. Then there's another problem - DVD is the sleeves when I am vert sure it used to have a jewel case. Luckily my wife (we are after all, legally married) has offered to help me sort it out.
Thank you so much, darling...

Hmmm... What is in this box? What the...?

This is my jotter book... I jot, I scribble and I doodle. But I am no Leonardo Da Vinci.

Needless to say, I spent the next hour taking a ride in this time machine.

That is the gaming tips I got from classmates for the classic PC game - Ultima IV

And a few weeks back, I wrote about some cartoons I used to watch back in my school days. One of them was Visionaries. I still remember copying down the 'words of power' (not sure what they are called) and sharing it with friends in school.

I am no poet either...

Those were the days.

I called the furniture guys earlier this afternoon and they said that since this weekend is a holiday, there will be no delivery. My new bed will only come in month end. I'm ok with that. It gives me more time to go through the rest of my treasures.

Labels: ,




Please leave your comments. There are 9 comment(s).

On 10/17/2006 03:36:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
hey! long time.. so getting married? congrats man.. and wish u all the best in the new "status" ;)

yeah, being 30 suddenly hits you.. u r an adult. time to be serious. haha.. i'll be hitting the 30 tr mark in Feb. wedding o'coz has a longer road to take :D
On 10/18/2006 09:07:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/

they may have something about your shoelace problem

you probably have a 'granny knot'
On 10/18/2006 12:40:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
adrian tai, you remind me of me! haha. i still have my junk from srk kelana jaya... :P :P and junk from seaport, and junk frm college, junk from uni, junk from 1st job, junk from part time job, junk from 2nd job... hahaha... neverending...
On 10/18/2006 10:32:00 PM Blogger adriantai said:
hahaha...

wait till i dig out more stuffs and cruise into 'memory highway'.

i think i still have my kalkitos somewhere... then there's the my autograph book (also known as the biodata book), the 'clubs' book (clubs here referring to IGC, FFF, TBS, etc)...

they will come... soon. :)
On 10/18/2006 10:35:00 PM Blogger adriantai said:
amyth,

aquarius?! :)

well, u never know, my friend. u will never know. 3 years ago, i told myself wedding bells will never ring for me...
(coz i was very happy enjoying my single life back then)

but guess what? :)
On 10/20/2006 02:37:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Wahlao... saw some books I'm very familiar with... :D
On 10/20/2006 02:56:00 PM Blogger adriantai said:
if i did not dig those books out, i won't have realised i did (or can do) assembly programming. well, i'm gonna add that to my CV... heh heh...

taiko, when you grad?

happy, i still have the 'make your choice' rpg books... the one where they say if you wanna do this, go to page 20...

did a quick check in my room and i can't find my kalkitos!!! :(

if i find it, wonder how much i can get if i put it on eBay...
On 11/01/2006 08:07:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Tai: taiko, when you grad?

My last education with Informatics was in year 2000. After Advanced Diploma, I took my degree elsewhere.
On 11/01/2006 09:10:00 AM Blogger adriantai said:
i finished my ADCS with them in 1998. then went to UCE in 1998 and came back in 1999...
just in time for y2k... stayed at home worried abt doomsday for computers back then. hahaha...
Click here to return to Main Page.


Visit Malaysia 2007



||::RELATED ARTICLES::||
Visting Malaysia
Port Dickson

||::INFORMATIVE SITES::||
www.tourism.gov.my
www.marimari.com
www.cuti.com.my

My Sites

My Chatbox

Please DO NOT feed trolls.
Trolls may end up getting upset stomach and cr4p all over.
Thank you.

Last 10 Posts

Post by Labels

Archived Posts

The Red Book

Friends

TheFreeDictionary.com #1

Hangman

My Hangouts

My sponsors

Interesting blogs

My Visitors

About me

A vegetarian who like to share what little he knows with anyone interested to listen. A husband to a very wonderful and lovely girl. A son who loves his parents but does not know how to express it correctly. An elder brother trying to make up for the mis-steps in the past. A colleague everyone just loves to smack on the head.

An Inconvenient Truth



YTL's Climate Change Week
6th - 9th Mar 2007

TheFreeDictionary.com #2

Word of the Day

Misc Buttons

Add to Technorati Favorites Varb For Me







Powered by Blogger