Everyone's got one... So here's mine!!!

Vol II: The Mis-Adventure Continues
Funny stories, witty encounters and serious reflections from Malaysia as experienced by a vegetarian struggling to understand the world.

Visit my new home at
www.adriantai.com
for more comprehensive updates.


Sunday, September 17, 2006

The rolling 50 sen

Change is something we go through everyday, whether we realise it or not. We change in order to try and improve ourselves. This site has undergone many countless changes in the name of improvement. The most recent being just 2 weeks ago when I deleted this blog and re-created it again. A major change. But still, I believe I had to do it. I have done away with most of the graphics and have gone back to basics. There will still be more changes to come. After all,, the only time when we don't change is when we finally get our big, long holiday... 6 feet under.

Anyway, consider this as Volume 2 of my blog. I will leave the WHY for another day.

For now, I will like to share what I would call flashback... Or journey back to a distant past.

I was watching the television a few days ago when I happened to come across this interesting advertisement by Toyota. They were trying to sell the message that the VVT-i technology in their car can help save petrol and make the car go further (unless I got the wrong message).

It showed two boys playing will their toy cars. One, of course, resembling the Toyota. The non-Toyota boy's car stopped after a short distance but the Toyota boy's car kept going further and further... Going outside the house, to the road, etc...

Suddenly, I was reminded of another similar advertisement shown on the Malaysian television long, long time ago. I was surprised that I was actually still able to remember the jingle as well. I asked my brother if he remembered such an advertisement (cause maybe I was dreaming) and he said he recalled a bit.

The advertisement goes something like this... A 50 sen coin was accidentally dropped on to the floor in someone's house. The 50 sen coin then started to roll out the house, onto the road and then to many other places... The coin just kept on rolling and rolling...

And the jingle went like this "XXX membuat... Wang anda berganda-ganda".

Now, I think I remember the XXX. I will put up what I think is the answer in a week's time... In the comments section. In the meantime, if you think you know the answer, do drop me line at the comments as well. I would love to hear what you remembered about the advertisement and the many others that was shown back then.

Labels: ,




Please leave your comments. There are 2 comment(s).

On 9/18/2006 09:05:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Aiya... This one is easy...

"CHARTERED BANK membuat.. wang anda berganda ganda ganda ganda ganda ganda ganda.." (Before the late 80s reform and emphasis on Standard in front of the Chartered...)

Funny, it was just last week that I thot about this one too! And the strangest of all, while I was doing some copy/paste graphics, I thot about KALKITOS!

Before we had Playstation and computer graphics stuff, we used to spend 50sen (big amount at that time) at the neighborhood kedai runcit to buy this thing called Kalkitos, and amuse ourselves for the whole day. Heheh... who remember?
On 9/18/2006 09:39:00 AM Blogger adriantai said:
you know what? i still have some of the kalkitos somewhere. not sure if they still work, though.

yes, you are right. chartered bank membuat... wang anda berganda-ganda.

now this is what i call effective advertising. still sticks in my head after so many years.
Click here to return to Main Page.


Visit Malaysia 2007



||::RELATED ARTICLES::||
Visting Malaysia
Port Dickson

||::INFORMATIVE SITES::||
www.tourism.gov.my
www.marimari.com
www.cuti.com.my

My Sites

My Chatbox

Please DO NOT feed trolls.
Trolls may end up getting upset stomach and cr4p all over.
Thank you.

Last 10 Posts

Post by Labels

Archived Posts

The Red Book

Friends

TheFreeDictionary.com #1

Hangman

My Hangouts

My sponsors

Interesting blogs

My Visitors

About me

A vegetarian who like to share what little he knows with anyone interested to listen. A husband to a very wonderful and lovely girl. A son who loves his parents but does not know how to express it correctly. An elder brother trying to make up for the mis-steps in the past. A colleague everyone just loves to smack on the head.

An Inconvenient Truth



YTL's Climate Change Week
6th - 9th Mar 2007

TheFreeDictionary.com #2

Word of the Day

Misc Buttons

Add to Technorati Favorites Varb For Me







Powered by Blogger