Everyone's got one... So here's mine!!!

Vol II: The Mis-Adventure Continues
Funny stories, witty encounters and serious reflections from Malaysia as experienced by a vegetarian struggling to understand the world.

Visit my new home at
www.adriantai.com
for more comprehensive updates.


Friday, September 22, 2006

Time Spiral Pre-Release

For a change, I will not be talking about change today. Did I just mention change again?!? Duh...!

Anyway, I will be in attending the Time Spiral pre-release this weekend at Cititel Megamall in Mid Valley. Time Spiral is the latest expansion of the card game Magic: The Gathering.

What is Magic? Rather than me trying to explain, click here for a better explanation instead.

25kid will not be with us this time around. Come to think of it, he has never joined us in any of the tourneys at all! Anyway, this weekend, it will be Steven and myself. I dunno how he managed to get the weekend off from his wife and his darling baby Daniel...

What?! Two 30 year olds (yes Steven, you are in this age group even if your birthday is at year end) playing card games?!? Well... Why not? We will always be kids at heart! I think Magic is actually a very rewarding hobby. First of all, it helps you to think and strategies. You need to know how to mix and match the cards to give you the best combination. Secondly, the cards themselves can actually fetch quite a good price. This can also mean an expensive hobby if you're the type who buys the cards instead... Third, there are Magic tournaments held every now and then with the cash prize of sometimes up to USD5000.

For me, I'm not the type to splurge rm10 for one card. Call me kiamsiap or call me realistic. That's why I only join certain tournaments - sealed decks. Sealed deck tournaments mean that you do not need to bring any cards to the tournament. You just bring the registration fee and hope to be really lucky. The cards will be given when the tournament begins. Since the cards are randomly packed in the starter pack and the booster packs, you definitely need to feel lucky to get the 'better' cards. Of course it helps if you do some reseach on the cards first as you have very limited time to construct your deck.

Some interesting news that we're already hearing and reading about Time Spiral is that there will be a subset of purple cards included in the packs. These purple cards are actually re-prints of the old cards, updated with the latest (and correct) text. As of the time this post is published, Wizards of the Coast (makers of Magic: The Gathering) have yet to even mention anything on their site about the purple cards.

However, other fan sites such as MTGSalvation have been sharing lots of insider news, spoilers, etc about these purple cards. MTGSalvation is also where I'm getting the spoiler list for the Time Spiral.

Rumours? Truth? All will be revealed tomorrow when we open our starter packs and boosters packs...

Labels:




Please leave your comments. There are 1 comment(s).

On 5/19/2018 04:00:00 PM Blogger Prashant said:
Want to invest in cryptocurrency but don't know to where to look for? Have a look at Street Hawk Coin... It is the future of cryptocurrency. Visit: Street Hawk Coin New Cryptocurrency of 2018
Click here to return to Main Page.


Visit Malaysia 2007



||::RELATED ARTICLES::||
Visting Malaysia
Port Dickson

||::INFORMATIVE SITES::||
www.tourism.gov.my
www.marimari.com
www.cuti.com.my

My Sites

My Chatbox

Please DO NOT feed trolls.
Trolls may end up getting upset stomach and cr4p all over.
Thank you.

Last 10 Posts

Post by Labels

Archived Posts

The Red Book

Friends

TheFreeDictionary.com #1

Hangman

My Hangouts

My sponsors

Interesting blogs

My Visitors

About me

A vegetarian who like to share what little he knows with anyone interested to listen. A husband to a very wonderful and lovely girl. A son who loves his parents but does not know how to express it correctly. An elder brother trying to make up for the mis-steps in the past. A colleague everyone just loves to smack on the head.

An Inconvenient Truth



YTL's Climate Change Week
6th - 9th Mar 2007

TheFreeDictionary.com #2

Word of the Day

Misc Buttons

Add to Technorati Favorites Varb For Me







Powered by Blogger