Everyone's got one... So here's mine!!!

Vol II: The Mis-Adventure Continues
Funny stories, witty encounters and serious reflections from Malaysia as experienced by a vegetarian struggling to understand the world.

Visit my new home at
www.adriantai.com
for more comprehensive updates.


Monday, May 07, 2007

My green effort


I wonder...

If Paris HILTON's jail cell will also be known as the Hilton Suite?


I have started to carry this around with me when I go pack my lunch. First reaction I get from my colleagues is "Your wife cooked lunch for you today?"
My lunch box
This is my lunch box

Everytime we tar-pow (pack) our lunch, very likely that it will be in a polystyrene box. After finishing our food, what do we do with the box? We throw it away. It is such a waste and does not really help us keep our planet clean.

Having blogged about our planet, etc... I decided it is time that I 'walk the walk' as well. After all, no point just talking about it but not doing anything. So starting last week, whenever possible, I will use my Tupperware.

Over time, I hope to do even more. Other little things I have started to do includes turning the engine off whenever I have to wait in the car. I sell my old newspaper to the recycling man. Whenever possible, I avoid asking for plastic bag when I shop. I have yet to get my own shopping bag but in time, I will get one as well...

These are no doubt very small steps, but at least I can now say I am doing my bit. What about you?

Labels: ,




Please leave your comments. There are 11 comment(s).

On 5/08/2007 02:40:00 PM Blogger Precious Pea said:
I brought lunch using tupperware (mine is round) to work today, it's also not good to eat from those normal plastic containers cos you never know what will be released into your food when heated up.
On 5/08/2007 07:11:00 PM Blogger adriantai said:
yup... true. actually, even though tupperware got microwave safe products, if i need to heat up my food, i put them into the normal plate first.

but luckily seldom need to heat up coz i tarpow only during lunch time and eat when i get back to office. ;)
On 5/08/2007 09:08:00 PM Blogger Lonnie said:
I have a tupperware phobia left over from my sister selling the stuff in the 80's....

I am sooooo lazy...Think it would hold a bucket of KFC?
On 5/09/2007 12:53:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Oh I'm so glad you're doing that! =) We do that too, and we shop using heaps of canvas bags. Recycling. Taking public transport when we can. It all helps! =) yay!

- Pamie
On 5/09/2007 08:56:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
I did my part by not buying bottled mineral water as much as I could.

I always prepare my own water wherever I go.
On 5/12/2007 04:02:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
I think Malaysian are not really 'environmental friendly'. In Netherlands, there are special bins for recycle glass bottle (also different by colour - white, green, brown). A plastic bottle like Coke will cost Euro 0.25 additional to your bill when you buy a bottle of Coke. No plastic bags provided when you do yr shopping. If needed, will cost around Euro 0.05 to 0.15. Normally I will bring along 3 things when I do my shopping, 1 frozen bag,1 shopping bag and 1 shopping basket. Also there are special bins for recycle clothing material. For recycle paper, there are people who come to collect on every one a month.
On 5/12/2007 08:25:00 PM Blogger Kryptonite said:
Hi there!

For quite some time I've been preparing food from home to the office. Until one day I forgot that I ter-brought an empty container so I left it in my desk drawer. Now I'll take it with me to lunch, just in case I feel like packing lunch back! Thanks for the idea ya.

Cheers,
F
On 5/12/2007 08:29:00 PM Blogger Kryptonite said:
p.s.

Hope that this tip could be helpful: I keep a shopping bag in my car, because there are times when it's easy to forget it and I end up with the extra plastic bags.

Cheers,
F
On 5/13/2007 06:37:00 PM Blogger Phenom said:
Hmm..the only thing green I actually do is make sure all reading prints are done on both sides and 2 pages per side.. my eyes are suffering though... does that count? hehe..
On 5/15/2007 10:52:00 AM Blogger adriantai said:
ya... i plan to cut down on using plastic bags. but sometimes i still take them because i use them to 'bag' the rubbish.

in my new place, i think i will reduce the use of plastic bags. maybe even try doing compose. :)

but i like the idea of things being cheaper without plastics, bottles. have yet to see local supermarkets or drinks manufacturers doing it. i guess they wait for govt to push them...

phenom, its a good start. :)
On 6/11/2007 08:59:00 AM Blogger Rick Rockhill said:
Fun post. I'm enjoying reading thru your blog btw...

For a bit of Paris humor, I wrote a fun post on my blog about Paris Hilton…stop by and check it out:

http://rickrockhill.blogspot.com/2007/06/dr-wang-channels-conrad-hilton-beyond.html
Click here to return to Main Page.


Visit Malaysia 2007



||::RELATED ARTICLES::||
Visting Malaysia
Port Dickson

||::INFORMATIVE SITES::||
www.tourism.gov.my
www.marimari.com
www.cuti.com.my

My Sites

My Chatbox

Please DO NOT feed trolls.
Trolls may end up getting upset stomach and cr4p all over.
Thank you.

Last 10 Posts

Post by Labels

Archived Posts

The Red Book

Friends

TheFreeDictionary.com #1

Hangman

My Hangouts

My sponsors

Interesting blogs

My Visitors

About me

A vegetarian who like to share what little he knows with anyone interested to listen. A husband to a very wonderful and lovely girl. A son who loves his parents but does not know how to express it correctly. An elder brother trying to make up for the mis-steps in the past. A colleague everyone just loves to smack on the head.

An Inconvenient Truth



YTL's Climate Change Week
6th - 9th Mar 2007

TheFreeDictionary.com #2

Word of the Day

Misc Buttons

Add to Technorati Favorites Varb For Me







Powered by Blogger