Everyone's got one... So here's mine!!!

Vol II: The Mis-Adventure Continues
Funny stories, witty encounters and serious reflections from Malaysia as experienced by a vegetarian struggling to understand the world.

Visit my new home at
www.adriantai.com
for more comprehensive updates.


Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Spiderman 3

Black Spidey
Spiderman 3

A friend gave me two tickets to the charity screening of Spiderman 3 at Tanjong Golden Village (TGV) in KLCC. On the ticket, it was mentioned "Strictly no camera handphones, PDAs, laptops or any recording devices are permitted into the cinema" and also something about security checks. I didn't realise they were serious. This is the first time I actually have to go through a scanner to enter the cinema hall! Yes, they have people with handheld scanners conducting scans like in the airports. Those who had their handphones with them were told to leave them at a special counter.

I felt this was a bit ridiculous. I guess in this case, the movie distributor assumes everyone is guilty of piracy until proven otherwise. Luckily the people at the counter were quite friendly. But I have to admit, not having phones with us was quite good - this is also the first in a long, long time since I watched a movie without a phone going off midway. :)

So, how was Spiderman 3? I think this movie is over-hyped. I expected more action and more fights... After all, we have three villians in this movie - the Green Goblin, Sandman and one of Spidey's main 'enemy' - Venom. But I was disappointed. The fights were quite normal... Nothing really memorable. On character development, there wasn't really much. Yes, we get to see Peter Parker 'sink' and became 'bad' but I think I've seen stronger emotions from movies like Wild Hogs. Everything about Spiderman 3 just seemed half-hearted.
Red and black Spidey
Hmmm... Do I look better in Red or in Black?

There was a scene where Spiderman swings into action to try and save Mary Jane. I think this scene was supposed to make us cheer, but unfortunately, it just didn't do it for me. I remember a similar scene in Superman Returns, when Superman saves the plane and puts it down on a baseball stadium. Everyone in the stadium stood up and cheered... I actually cheered as well (even the hair on my arms stood up - That's how emotional that scene was!). Nothing like that in Spidermana 3.

I thought it was just me, but when I asked Mrs Tai, she agreed as well that Spiderman 3 was a bit disappointing. For me, I think the best Spiderman movie is still Spiderman 1.
Spiderman in a cool pose
That's how you pose for photos...

After the movie, I had wanted to walk straight to the LRT station when Mrs Tai reminded me that we needed to go collect our phones. I was quite annoyed as I had to walk back to the cinema to collect my phone. Can't they just place the phone collection counter in front of the cinema exit instead? As we approached the phone collection counters, we saw confusion. There was definitely lack of planning from the event management company. There were no proper instructions on how to go about collecting our phones. It seems that you need to go to the correct counter, depending on the serial number of the receipt given to us when we handed over our phones. At one point, I got 'yelled' by the 'supervisor' as well... I think he is the supervisor because he was not wearing the t-shirt with the website www.deromp.com. I was not the only one who thought all this was ridiculous as I heard similar complaints and comments from others as well...

So much for charity screening. If this is how other charity screenings is going to be like in future, I doubt people will want to bother giving to charity this way. Or at least, the event management company should do a better job, especially during phone collection time. Put up more signs and information so people will know what to do. It's late, it's been a tiring day... Nobody wants to walk back and forth looking for the correct counter to collect their phone!

And I personally don't think this outing is really worth talking about that much...

Anyway, with Spiderman 3 out... What else is left for the next few weeks? Let's see... Pirates of the Carribean 3, Transformers, Fantastic Four 2, Die Hard 4, Harry Potter... Wow... Hopefully they are much better...

Labels: ,




Please leave your comments. There are 8 comment(s).

On 5/02/2007 09:18:00 PM Blogger unnamed said:
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
How can you miss Shrek 3??????
I was waiting and waiting and waiting for 31 May!!!!!

By the way I absolutely agree with your review. Spiderman 1 is the best! :D
On 5/02/2007 11:33:00 PM Blogger Phenom said:
wanted to catch it...but after saw your message...
On 5/03/2007 09:56:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Torrent man. ;)

Peter "Torrent" Parker.
On 5/04/2007 08:05:00 AM Blogger ~ mrs lam ~ said:
vicky is rite... i am expecting SHREK 3... and me is same like phenom too.... after reading ur review, i no longer eager to watch this spidey 3
On 5/04/2007 09:43:00 AM Blogger adriantai said:
i wish it was really better... after all, i used to follow the spiderman comics. plus, i still watch cartoons and comic-related movies like Hellboy, Fantastic Four, Superman, etc... but this one really disappointing.

yes, I missed out Shrek 3 from the list. sorry... sorry... hahaha... its just not one of those I really look forward too. maybe coz when Shrek 2 was released, there were so many CGI animations. but I lurve Shrek 1. :)

happy... some movies are better enjoyed in the cinema... :)
On 5/06/2007 05:26:00 PM Blogger Unknown said:
I actually liked it after I threatened the guy behind me with a death worse than having sand pounded in his.....

Cannot wait for Shrek III...

Not ignoring you, still working on that last post...when you have a terminal illness and some folks know you tend to approach th subject with caution...

Best fromGZ


OMBW
On 5/07/2007 11:29:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
I think spiderman 3 is like a romance movie, it was really quite disappointing. 1 is still the best!
On 5/08/2007 07:09:00 PM Blogger adriantai said:
lonnie, no worries... take your time. din think you would really do the "last post". but it would still be fun. some just 'pretend' they got tired of blogging... :)

hello munsan... :)
Click here to return to Main Page.


Visit Malaysia 2007



||::RELATED ARTICLES::||
Visting Malaysia
Port Dickson

||::INFORMATIVE SITES::||
www.tourism.gov.my
www.marimari.com
www.cuti.com.my

My Sites

My Chatbox

Please DO NOT feed trolls.
Trolls may end up getting upset stomach and cr4p all over.
Thank you.

Last 10 Posts

Post by Labels

Archived Posts

The Red Book

Friends

TheFreeDictionary.com #1

Hangman

My Hangouts

My sponsors

Interesting blogs

My Visitors

About me

A vegetarian who like to share what little he knows with anyone interested to listen. A husband to a very wonderful and lovely girl. A son who loves his parents but does not know how to express it correctly. An elder brother trying to make up for the mis-steps in the past. A colleague everyone just loves to smack on the head.

An Inconvenient Truth



YTL's Climate Change Week
6th - 9th Mar 2007

TheFreeDictionary.com #2

Word of the Day

Misc Buttons

Add to Technorati Favorites Varb For Me







Powered by Blogger