Everyone's got one... So here's mine!!!

Vol II: The Mis-Adventure Continues
Funny stories, witty encounters and serious reflections from Malaysia as experienced by a vegetarian struggling to understand the world.

Visit my new home at
www.adriantai.com
for more comprehensive updates.


Sunday, April 15, 2007

Wild (hogs) nite...

A few of us friends (since secondary school) decided to meet up for a couple of drinks last night... Just to catch up and unwind. I was on 'holiday' since my Mrs. Tai is at inlaw's place for the weekend.

We met up for a few beers at theLaundry Bar in The Curve. I personally found the place to be a bit pricey, but I guess it is the 'normal' price since that area is a bit 'high class'. For us, all we wanted was a cozy place to sit down, relax and chat. Yes, I guess when you hit a certain age, chatting can be 'fun'. :)

It was close to midnight and I suggested to the gang that we head over to Cineleisure to watch a midnight movie. I was game for "Jangan Pandang Belakang" since I've heard lots of positive reviews about it.

The rest were not too keen. So we ended up watching Wild Hogs... Hmmm... What's it with me and biker movies anyway?
Wild Hogs
Martin Lawrence (Bobby), John Travolta (Woody), Tim Allen (Doug) and William H. Macy (Dudley)

I am not sure if it was the beer we had before the movie, but I think the 6 of us practically laughed all our way through the movie. While this movie is not something really memorable, it provided us with really good laughs. I mean how can you not find it funny with lines like these...

Dudley: Thanks, Woody, I feel really safe with you.
Woody: I noticed that. If you ever lay your head on my back while riding bitch, I'll throw you into the traffic!
Dudley: I was just trying to keep the wind out of my face.
Woody: I felt you smell my neck!
Bobby: Did you smell that man's neck?
Dudley: His cologne is fantastic. It's musky with an oakey finish like a... lawyer cowboy.
Bobby: A lawyer cowboy?!?


Mother-in-Law: In my days, the women stayed home. Not the lazy men.
Bobby: In your days, men were busy building pyramids!

(Dudley just finished his 'big' business and put it in a plastic bag)
Woody: Dudley, you have to get rid of that or else I'm going to vomit on your lap.
Dudley: Fine, I'll hang it from a tree.
Woody: Don't hang it in a tree.
Dudley: Why?
Woody: Cause bears don't eat sh1t!

Jack (bully): You're gonna pay a disobedience fee of $10,000, plus another $40,000 to rebuild the bar. If you don't, we're gonna break your friend's legs here.
Dudley: Don't bring the money! I'm a computer programmer! I don't need my legs!
Jack: Fine, we'll break his hands!
Dudley: Oh dammit. Bring the money!

Doug: You're the sheriff, aren't you going out there?
Charley, the sheriff: Hey, I took my law enforcement course on the internet! For arms training they just told us to play Doom!

(quotes above were taken from IMDB).
Tiny Wild Hogs movie poster

The cinema was very packed, even for the midnight screening and we had the first row seats... After the movie, I think I had some backache. I had to seat (more like sleep) on the chair just to be able to take in the big screen.
Awkward seating position in cinema

But I really enjoyed the movie and I guess so did Mun San, Jude, Wei Loong, Eu Jin and Kim Chuan.

There was one part of the movie that I found particularly touching... John Travolta's Woody said that he had lost everything in his life except for his three friends (the Wild Hogs). He then adds that he's not about to lose that and goes off to face the bullies (and potential death). That is really touching...

I've already past the '30' age marker. I don't know how long more I have left in this world. That particular scene made me think if I am willing to die for any of my family or friends.... And if I also have family and friends who are willing to die for me?

When I think about all this, I realise what I've not done right... The people around me whom I have neglected... It makes me want to make up for it and spend more time with my friends and family because in the end, if I lose everything, I know I will still have them. My 'wild hogs'... My family and friends who would go through life's roller coaster ride with me and whom I would definitely and gladly do the same with...

Thanks for an excellent evening...

Labels: , , ,




Please leave your comments. There are 5 comment(s).

On 4/16/2007 06:15:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
I had good laughsssss, it was a good night. We should do this more often.I like to seat next to Kim, he's laughter is top momentum.
On 4/22/2007 12:01:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
long time didnt come here...nice pix...I like the backache photo....must be dem hurtful to your back......

1st time I see the Nemo pix......
On 4/22/2007 02:30:00 AM Blogger anttyk said:
LOL. Love your Paintshop skills Adrian!

PS: My name is A. Tai too. :)
On 4/22/2007 04:24:00 PM Blogger Lonnie said:
Nice review...

But, I have met Tim Allen (real name: Tim Dick--no kidding) in the flesh and since then cannot watch any of his work...I don't do well with female abusing drunks...

I have missed you over at OMBW!
On 4/22/2007 06:35:00 PM Blogger adriantai said:
hahaha... that was not paintshop. if it was, it would have been worse. powerpoint + printscreen + photo editor. all 'free' tools. anttyk... i think i know what's ant now... :)

lonnie... i was out of town almost the whole week with no net access... i'll be stalking your site again real soon! just dun regret it... hahaha.. :)

tengster, your wife din take any photos that evening?!

munsan, i hope its not coz its boring sitting next to me... ;P
Click here to return to Main Page.


Visit Malaysia 2007



||::RELATED ARTICLES::||
Visting Malaysia
Port Dickson

||::INFORMATIVE SITES::||
www.tourism.gov.my
www.marimari.com
www.cuti.com.my

My Sites

My Chatbox

Please DO NOT feed trolls.
Trolls may end up getting upset stomach and cr4p all over.
Thank you.

Last 10 Posts

Post by Labels

Archived Posts

The Red Book

Friends

TheFreeDictionary.com #1

Hangman

My Hangouts

My sponsors

Interesting blogs

My Visitors

About me

A vegetarian who like to share what little he knows with anyone interested to listen. A husband to a very wonderful and lovely girl. A son who loves his parents but does not know how to express it correctly. An elder brother trying to make up for the mis-steps in the past. A colleague everyone just loves to smack on the head.

An Inconvenient Truth



YTL's Climate Change Week
6th - 9th Mar 2007

TheFreeDictionary.com #2

Word of the Day

Misc Buttons

Add to Technorati Favorites Varb For Me







Powered by Blogger