Everyone's got one... So here's mine!!!

Vol II: The Mis-Adventure Continues
Funny stories, witty encounters and serious reflections from Malaysia as experienced by a vegetarian struggling to understand the world.

Visit my new home at
www.adriantai.com
for more comprehensive updates.


Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A year that was and a year that will be...

If anything, I would say that 2006 was the year of change.

There were many changes in my life. I changed to a new web host. I changed the templates for all my sites. The focus of this blog also changed... In case you didn't know, this blog is in its second re-incarnation. My marital status changed from single to married. I also changed my mobile phone from the already quite disappointing Siemens CX65 to another quite disappointing phone - Sony Ericsson K618i. I'll write more about the phone later.

My outlook changed as well but I guess that's normal and what we would call 'part of growing up'. Well, my age changed as well... In 2005, it was 29. In 2006, it was 30. Now... It's 31. B4sket... Is the earth spinning extra fast these days?!?

Looking back at 2006, I can only remember it for the few events, namely...
- the Mahathir vs Badawi 'slugfest'... I have to say I'm on TDM's side.
- death of a very dear friend
- parts of Malaysia was flooded
- Saddam's death
- earthquake in Taiwan paralysed the net
- Nintendo Wii

Oh wait... Did we also have FIFA WorldCup in 2006?! Maybe this will also help you (and myself) remember other 2006 events.

2007... What can we look forward to it?
- Visit Malaysia Year (and the Eye on Malaysia ferris wheel erected in 2 months?!)
- Our Angkasawan making 'teh tarik' conducting last-minute thought-out scientific experiments in space (to be honest, I don't see how the experiments we plan to conduct will be useful since they are not our country's focus or core industry in the first place)
- Transformers (the live-action movie) and Ghost Rider
- new toll rates for certain highways, including a 60% increase for LDP (cr4p!!!)
- click here for more 2007 events...

On a personal note, 2007 would mean:
- trying to complete Okami
- more personal website projects
- spending more time with family and friends
- CISSP
- time for myself (self reflection & improvement)
- first year I give out angpows or red packets
any much more.

But one thing's for sure. One blink of an eye and it's Goodbye 2007 and Welcome 2008. Yes, that's how fast I expect the new year to go by...

Labels: ,




Please leave your comments. There are 5 comment(s).

On 1/03/2007 01:24:00 PM Blogger Dean Arif said:
After reading 'ang pow', what I read earlier went blank... Cr4p, I also have to give DOUBLE ang pows this year!
On 1/04/2007 12:04:00 PM Blogger adriantai said:
hahaha...

yes, i guess its going to be a new experience for us this year... :)
On 1/06/2007 09:12:00 AM Blogger 阿佳 said:
Hihi...Happy New Year and happy beginning.

I saw your wedding photo from your photographer's site. :) Nice.
Congrats.

Reserve one angpow for me ya!
On 1/08/2007 01:04:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Happy new year Adrian. Sorry I am a bit late to wish.
2007 is a greater year for you and your wife, i'm sure!

Cheers!
On 1/08/2007 05:13:00 PM Blogger adriantai said:
achia... u want angpow from me ka...!? hmmm... ok la. come and collect, ya?

meekie, i do hope 2007 will be as you said... greater. :)
Click here to return to Main Page.


Visit Malaysia 2007



||::RELATED ARTICLES::||
Visting Malaysia
Port Dickson

||::INFORMATIVE SITES::||
www.tourism.gov.my
www.marimari.com
www.cuti.com.my

My Sites

My Chatbox

Please DO NOT feed trolls.
Trolls may end up getting upset stomach and cr4p all over.
Thank you.

Last 10 Posts

Post by Labels

Archived Posts

The Red Book

Friends

TheFreeDictionary.com #1

Hangman

My Hangouts

My sponsors

Interesting blogs

My Visitors

About me

A vegetarian who like to share what little he knows with anyone interested to listen. A husband to a very wonderful and lovely girl. A son who loves his parents but does not know how to express it correctly. An elder brother trying to make up for the mis-steps in the past. A colleague everyone just loves to smack on the head.

An Inconvenient Truth



YTL's Climate Change Week
6th - 9th Mar 2007

TheFreeDictionary.com #2

Word of the Day

Misc Buttons

Add to Technorati Favorites Varb For Me







Powered by Blogger