Everyone's got one... So here's mine!!!

Vol II: The Mis-Adventure Continues
Funny stories, witty encounters and serious reflections from Malaysia as experienced by a vegetarian struggling to understand the world.

Visit my new home at
www.adriantai.com
for more comprehensive updates.


Friday, December 22, 2006

Senseless world

What have our world turned into?

I read an article last night in The Star's Metro section titled Dog loses jaw after cruel beating with this picture...

Joy, a little black dog, was found by a good samaritan with his lower jaw and tongue dangling. It seems he was beaten by a group of foreign workers for being 'haram'. It makes me wonder to what extend people are willing to go with their mis-guided beliefs. Misguided because according to a lecturer in Quran and Sunnah studies at the International Islamic University, he said that the Quran does not support violence against animals.

I guess sometimes little knowledge can be dangerous. No wonder there is a saying that ignorance is bliss. I have to agree, much better not to know than to half know and be mis-guided.

You can read more about Joy at remembersheena.blogspot.com and here as well. Anyway, Joy is getting better now. There is also a writeup about Joy at Care2.

Also this week, I received a forwarded email from a colleague warning me about a senseless motorcyclist going around bashing people's head with objects such as stones and bottles. As usual, before I forward the email to my friends, I always check to ensure that what is in the email is accurate. Since there was an email address, I decided to write to the author who is also a victim of the senseless attack.

She replied confirming that the email is not a hoax and she is recovering. She was bashed on the head recently with a huge stone but surprisingly, she was not robbed. The motorcyclist was not robbing her. And it seems the motorcyclist has been suspected of attacking several others in a similar manner all over Kuala Lumpur.

According to Sentul police chief Assistant Commissioner K. Kumaran, police cannot
see any motive for the attacks. "He doesn't rob them. He just likes to hit them and watch them fall."

You can read about this senseless attack here.

Do we have to start walking around wearing crash helmet? I guess logic is not something we can use when dealing with people these days...

But for Joy's case, we can all start to be more loving not just one another, but to animals as well. And hopefully the employer of the foreign workers can look into helping Joy and also to educate its employees.

Labels:




Please leave your comments. There are 2 comment(s).

On 12/23/2006 11:46:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
It pains me looking at the picture. It still puzzles me why some humans can be so depraved.

I always have the thought of keeping all the stray animals in one place to better utilize their energy, intelligence and contributions to our societies. Unfortunately, I haven't develop on that idea.
On 12/25/2006 04:41:00 PM Blogger adriantai said:
eh... i have also thought of that idea, actually.

yes, we humans can be really puzzling and capable of so many good and bad things...
Click here to return to Main Page.


Visit Malaysia 2007



||::RELATED ARTICLES::||
Visting Malaysia
Port Dickson

||::INFORMATIVE SITES::||
www.tourism.gov.my
www.marimari.com
www.cuti.com.my

My Sites

My Chatbox

Please DO NOT feed trolls.
Trolls may end up getting upset stomach and cr4p all over.
Thank you.

Last 10 Posts

Post by Labels

Archived Posts

The Red Book

Friends

TheFreeDictionary.com #1

Hangman

My Hangouts

My sponsors

Interesting blogs

My Visitors

About me

A vegetarian who like to share what little he knows with anyone interested to listen. A husband to a very wonderful and lovely girl. A son who loves his parents but does not know how to express it correctly. An elder brother trying to make up for the mis-steps in the past. A colleague everyone just loves to smack on the head.

An Inconvenient Truth



YTL's Climate Change Week
6th - 9th Mar 2007

TheFreeDictionary.com #2

Word of the Day

Misc Buttons

Add to Technorati Favorites Varb For Me







Powered by Blogger