Everyone's got one... So here's mine!!!

Vol II: The Mis-Adventure Continues
Funny stories, witty encounters and serious reflections from Malaysia as experienced by a vegetarian struggling to understand the world.

Visit my new home at
www.adriantai.com
for more comprehensive updates.


Sunday, December 03, 2006

Coffee with my brother


I wonder...

What do we get out of sending Malaysians into space anyway? It is not like we're going doing any special research in space. And what's this I read about making 'teh tarik' and playing 'batu seremban' in Zero-G?


I guess one of the main highlights of my week long holiday is probably towards the end of the week when my brother suggested we have a cup of coffee... In Genting.

We were never really close when we were young boys then, so these days, I would not hesitate to say 'Yes' to the opportunity to spend time with him.

So I said 'Yes' to him. Weird... I just said Yes to my wife one week ago (hint: my wedding la...). One hour later, we were circling Genting for a parking spot. It was a cold but lovely night with no rain in sight. Did I mention we arrived shortly after midnight?! :)

But it was packed. I guess mainly due to the fact it is the school holidays and it is also the weekend. Still, it was fun to spend time with my brother.

Me, Xiao Fen, Eric and Kristy

Sometimes, we only begin to realise the importance of the people around us - our family, relatives and friends. We sometimes tend to forget them or worse, we neglect them. We sometimes take our family for granted. How often is it that we say 'Thank you' to them? We seem to think that because we are so close, we think there is no need to say 'Thanks'.

They will understand and know we appreciate the help. How wrong it is to think this way. Should we not take care of the feelings of the people closest to us? Should we not be putting them first instead of strangers whom we may never meet again? Yet, why is it that so many of us say 'Sorry' or 'Thank you' so easily to strangers but not to family and friends?

Anyway, that night... The coffee is one of the best I have ever tasted. Not because the beans are of good quality but because of the people I was with when I had the coffee.

Labels:




Please leave your comments. There are 5 comment(s).

On 12/04/2006 02:57:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Reminds me of the genting trip we almost had..
On 12/04/2006 10:02:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
hahaha...

i had actually forgotten about that till you mentioned it.
On 12/05/2006 05:16:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
How can you forget that night... how can you... sob sob.. that night we...we...we...never go genting..

Memorable night like that cannot forget la..
On 12/06/2006 04:17:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
friend, brother leh..not bother leh..
ur brother will be upset if he sees that. kakakaakka
On 12/06/2006 05:36:00 PM Blogger adriantai said:
heh heh... paiseh.

and only you noticed it... thanks.
Click here to return to Main Page.


Visit Malaysia 2007



||::RELATED ARTICLES::||
Visting Malaysia
Port Dickson

||::INFORMATIVE SITES::||
www.tourism.gov.my
www.marimari.com
www.cuti.com.my

My Sites

My Chatbox

Please DO NOT feed trolls.
Trolls may end up getting upset stomach and cr4p all over.
Thank you.

Last 10 Posts

Post by Labels

Archived Posts

The Red Book

Friends

TheFreeDictionary.com #1

Hangman

My Hangouts

My sponsors

Interesting blogs

My Visitors

About me

A vegetarian who like to share what little he knows with anyone interested to listen. A husband to a very wonderful and lovely girl. A son who loves his parents but does not know how to express it correctly. An elder brother trying to make up for the mis-steps in the past. A colleague everyone just loves to smack on the head.

An Inconvenient Truth



YTL's Climate Change Week
6th - 9th Mar 2007

TheFreeDictionary.com #2

Word of the Day

Misc Buttons

Add to Technorati Favorites Varb For Me







Powered by Blogger