Everyone's got one... So here's mine!!!

Vol II: The Mis-Adventure Continues
Funny stories, witty encounters and serious reflections from Malaysia as experienced by a vegetarian struggling to understand the world.

Visit my new home at
www.adriantai.com
for more comprehensive updates.


Monday, November 12, 2007

Growing old...

Every night when I feed my hamsters, I feel sad when it comes to Terter. She's more than two years old now. She is one half of the original pair of winter hamsters. The other half, Hamham died very much earlier.
Terter during the younger days
Terter, the Winter hamster, looks like a beauty, huh?

It really saddens me to see her condition now. She can barely walk. Her two hind legs seems to have given up. When she moves, it is with her two front legs, dragging the hind legs as she crawls around. She does not seem to have any appetite to eat these days. All she does now is just lie down and sleep.
Terter and her babies
Terter and her lil babies. Yes, she's very fertile. :)

Terter has not been playing with her wheels for the past few months already. But the past week, she's gotten weaker. I guess this is a cycle everyone of us will go through. Since she's not really able to move about, I've been feeding her vitamins, water and peeling the kuachi for her. And how I wish I had spent even more time with her. I neglected the hamsters ever since I got my puppy -- Gerger.

Actually, Gerger should be grateful to Hamham and Terter. I had made a deal with my wife (still girlfriend back then) that if I could keep the hamsters and show I can take care of them, then we would consider adopting a puppy. And of course before we had the hamsters, I had to prove I was capable by taking care of some cactus (died not too long after we got the hamsters).

I am doing everything possible to make Terter feel comfortable. I just hope she's not suffering...

Labels:




Please leave your comments. There are 4 comment(s).

On 11/14/2007 02:37:00 AM Blogger anttyk said:
Sniff sniff... :(
On 11/14/2007 09:38:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Don't worry. I'm sure you're a good 'dad'. Let her enjoy the rest of her living days.
On 11/14/2007 09:23:00 PM Blogger Phenom said:
maybe hamham wanna see terter leh... maybe hamham ask god to help send terter over faster..
On 11/16/2007 03:55:00 PM Blogger adriantai said:
yalor phenom... never looked at it that way...

anyway, terter is still hanging tough. i'm so proud of her. :)
Click here to return to Main Page.


Visit Malaysia 2007



||::RELATED ARTICLES::||
Visting Malaysia
Port Dickson

||::INFORMATIVE SITES::||
www.tourism.gov.my
www.marimari.com
www.cuti.com.my

My Sites

My Chatbox

Please DO NOT feed trolls.
Trolls may end up getting upset stomach and cr4p all over.
Thank you.

Last 10 Posts

Post by Labels

Archived Posts

The Red Book

Friends

TheFreeDictionary.com #1

Hangman

My Hangouts

My sponsors

Interesting blogs

My Visitors

About me

A vegetarian who like to share what little he knows with anyone interested to listen. A husband to a very wonderful and lovely girl. A son who loves his parents but does not know how to express it correctly. An elder brother trying to make up for the mis-steps in the past. A colleague everyone just loves to smack on the head.

An Inconvenient Truth



YTL's Climate Change Week
6th - 9th Mar 2007

TheFreeDictionary.com #2

Word of the Day

Misc Buttons

Add to Technorati Favorites Varb For Me







Powered by Blogger