Everyone's got one... So here's mine!!!

Vol II: The Mis-Adventure Continues
Funny stories, witty encounters and serious reflections from Malaysia as experienced by a vegetarian struggling to understand the world.

Visit my new home at
www.adriantai.com
for more comprehensive updates.


Saturday, October 06, 2007

Before year 1

We have always read in history books about events that happened 50 years ago or even 100... Maybe even back to year 1400, etc... But have you ever wondered what happened in say year 1000? Or maybe year 600? Better yet... What about events that took place before Christ.

So off it was for me... Searching around for information on the internet on this subject. Within less than 30 minutes, I found my answer. Or at least one website that would be my starting point. Check out http://www.didyouknow.cd/history/bc1000.htm.

Some interesting years...
221BC: China is finally united from 6 kingdoms
585BC: The Tortoise and The Hare story by Aesop was thought to have started around this time.
776BC: First Olympics
1860BC: Stonehenge was constructed
2680BC: Great Pyramid of Giza completed.
8000BC: The wheel is believed to have been invented around this time. I think probably the oldest and still very much useful invention...

All these have made me want to know even more about the history of humanity.

Labels:




Please leave your comments. There are 2 comment(s).

On 10/08/2007 12:12:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Ooh..history, my worst subject in school. But now, I'm kinda sorry for not paying more attention in class. I'm quite interested in reading up history of China. Been watching some Chinese historical dramas but didn't know who's who. -_-'
On 10/16/2007 09:13:00 AM Blogger adriantai said:
i have one chinese history book. bought last year but never actually read it... chinese history is just too much (too rich) for me at the moment. i'm starting off with greek mythology. always had a thing for zeus, hercules, etc...

school history is different. very limited and focus is all wrong. i think our text book and exam format is designed in such a way that we're supposed to remember dates and names but not the 'story' itself...
Click here to return to Main Page.


Visit Malaysia 2007



||::RELATED ARTICLES::||
Visting Malaysia
Port Dickson

||::INFORMATIVE SITES::||
www.tourism.gov.my
www.marimari.com
www.cuti.com.my

My Sites

My Chatbox

Please DO NOT feed trolls.
Trolls may end up getting upset stomach and cr4p all over.
Thank you.

Last 10 Posts

Post by Labels

Archived Posts

The Red Book

Friends

TheFreeDictionary.com #1

Hangman

My Hangouts

My sponsors

Interesting blogs

My Visitors

About me

A vegetarian who like to share what little he knows with anyone interested to listen. A husband to a very wonderful and lovely girl. A son who loves his parents but does not know how to express it correctly. An elder brother trying to make up for the mis-steps in the past. A colleague everyone just loves to smack on the head.

An Inconvenient Truth



YTL's Climate Change Week
6th - 9th Mar 2007

TheFreeDictionary.com #2

Word of the Day

Misc Buttons

Add to Technorati Favorites Varb For Me







Powered by Blogger