Everyone's got one... So here's mine!!!

Vol II: The Mis-Adventure Continues
Funny stories, witty encounters and serious reflections from Malaysia as experienced by a vegetarian struggling to understand the world.

Visit my new home at
www.adriantai.com
for more comprehensive updates.


Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Catch the most dogs and win rm15k (USD4.5k)

This is no joke. Majlis Perbandaran Selayang (Selayang Municipal Council) is organising a dog capturing competition. All you need to do is catch as many dogs as possible. The dogs will still need to be breathing (for audit purpose) and each dog captured must also be photographed as proof of capture.
Tangkapan hendaklah diserahkan hidup-hidup kepada urus setia pertandingan untuk pengiraan/audit. Gambar setiap ekor tangkapan juga hendaklah dikemukakan sebagai bukti tangkapan.
Assessment will be done twice a year (every 6 months). To qualify for the three prizes, you will need to capture a minimum of 150 dogs every 6 months. The prize structure? 1st prize gets you rm15k, 2nd prize rm13k and 3rd prize winner gets rm11k. That's a whooping rm39k in taxpayer's money! An incentive payout of rm20 per dog will also be given out every month. Only stray dogs will be counted.
Dog catching competition details

More dog catching competition details
Competition details

The thing is...
What the f*ck is wrong with our councillors?!?

Don't they have better things to do with the money? Why target only dogs? I'm sure we all have problems with stray cats and even rats! And what if someone captures a licensed dog, what guarantee is there that the person will not remove the license and 'submit' the licensed dog as stray?

From Remembering Sheena's 4th September post:
I appeal to the Malaysian public to please bombard the newsdesk of the Media with emails and phone calls expressing disgust at this outrage. Below are the email addresses you can write to. Please don't forget to include your full name, email and mailing address and telephone numbers:

editor@thestar.com.my
metro@thestar.com.my
letters@nstp.com.my
news@nstp.com.my
mmnews@nstp.com.my
newsdesk@thesundaily.com
editor@malaysiakini.com
editorial@sinchew.com.my
bhnews@bharian.com.my
pengarang@utusan.com
editor@nanyang.com.my
am@hmetro.com.my
gmkl@guangming.com.my
bgns@bernama.com
tcpb@po.jaring.my
I hope everyone can help pass the word around. No, this is not about expanding the competition to include stray cats and rats. It is about:
- expressing disgust for such brutal and stone-age 'sport'
- expressing disgust for abusing taxpayers' money
- respecting and loving all living beings including stray dogs

Labels:




Please leave your comments. There are 8 comment(s).

On 9/06/2007 03:19:00 AM Blogger Ian said:
Please sign the following peition to help stopping this competition, i had posted over my US Care2 networks, hope it will boost the signatures, thanks again:

http://www.petitiononline.com/doghunt1/petition.html
On 9/06/2007 11:12:00 AM Blogger Jacquelyn Ho said:
-_-
Shouldn't they be focusing on more important matters such as improving the security of housing areas etc etc? and who on earth would be so free to catch a min num of 150 in 6 months?!
On 9/06/2007 07:14:00 PM Blogger adriantai said:
there is an 'updated' petition... for those who want to have their voice heard, please use this new one instead:
http://www.petitiononline.com/doghunt2/petition.html
On 9/06/2007 07:56:00 PM Blogger Natasha Fernz said:
Hi,

thanks very much for posting this information, and also for updating the link to the revised petition.

Please see my boog http://cleopatrathelabrador.blogspot.com for more email addresses of organisations that you can write to.

Will be updating it as I write to more organisations...
On 9/07/2007 03:26:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
YES NO MORE STRAY DOGS. WOO HOO. YEAH MAN
On 9/11/2007 05:39:00 PM Blogger anttyk said:
This is so sad man... :(
On 9/17/2007 11:54:00 PM Blogger B.L.U.S.H.E.R said:
Being a dog lover, I'm quite distraught with this news. :-(
On 9/19/2007 09:14:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
I think this have been taken off now.
Anyhow, if you'd think this is crappy, wait till you watch this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qlQWNib2Tcw

Crappy minister giving crappy answers to BBC. Watch and cringe on your seat. >_<
Click here to return to Main Page.


Visit Malaysia 2007



||::RELATED ARTICLES::||
Visting Malaysia
Port Dickson

||::INFORMATIVE SITES::||
www.tourism.gov.my
www.marimari.com
www.cuti.com.my

My Sites

My Chatbox

Please DO NOT feed trolls.
Trolls may end up getting upset stomach and cr4p all over.
Thank you.

Last 10 Posts

Post by Labels

Archived Posts

The Red Book

Friends

TheFreeDictionary.com #1

Hangman

My Hangouts

My sponsors

Interesting blogs

My Visitors

About me

A vegetarian who like to share what little he knows with anyone interested to listen. A husband to a very wonderful and lovely girl. A son who loves his parents but does not know how to express it correctly. An elder brother trying to make up for the mis-steps in the past. A colleague everyone just loves to smack on the head.

An Inconvenient Truth



YTL's Climate Change Week
6th - 9th Mar 2007

TheFreeDictionary.com #2

Word of the Day

Misc Buttons

Add to Technorati Favorites Varb For Me







Powered by Blogger