Everyone's got one... So here's mine!!!

Vol II: The Mis-Adventure Continues
Funny stories, witty encounters and serious reflections from Malaysia as experienced by a vegetarian struggling to understand the world.

Visit my new home at
www.adriantai.com
for more comprehensive updates.


Friday, August 10, 2007

The office

Most of us actually spend a lot of time in the office... Sometimes even more than the time we spend at home. A typical day for me starts at 7am. I leave my house by around 745am and I usually get home only by 8 or 9pm. That's more than 12 hours. Minus one hour of lunch and about two hours of commuting time, it is still 10 hours of my day spent in the office.

This also means I see my colleagues about 10hours every day!

For someone with my schedule, I end up with really very little time for my wife and my family. Actually, because everyone in my family has got their own activities and schedule, sometimes I don't even see them for days!

Anyway, the point is... 10 hours can be a lot of time. Over the span of almost 6 years, sometimes we can become more than just colleagues. For me, my colleagues have become the people I have been so accustomed to seeing everyday... It would just feel weird not seeing them. Some have seen me 'grow'... From a meat-eater to a vegetarian... To getting 'attached' and finally getting married. Along the way, I have learnt a lot from my colleagues. They have thought me how to be a better person.

It will be with a very, very heavy heart when I leave...

Labels: ,




Please leave your comments. There are 3 comment(s).

On 8/15/2007 05:19:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Goodness gracious me. You must have worked there for a long time.
On 8/15/2007 07:04:00 PM Blogger adriantai said:
don't think it is that long. but i can be quite emotional.

this dec would have been 6 years.
On 8/16/2007 08:27:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
I know that kind of feeling. Even though I've never worked that long, I still feel heavy when leaving my colleagues. Fortunately, we still get together occasionally by organising trips, house party and yumcha or yumzao (beer drinking) sessions.

We humans are sentimental creatures, aren't we?

But with each change we get to know new people.
Click here to return to Main Page.


Visit Malaysia 2007



||::RELATED ARTICLES::||
Visting Malaysia
Port Dickson

||::INFORMATIVE SITES::||
www.tourism.gov.my
www.marimari.com
www.cuti.com.my

My Sites

My Chatbox

Please DO NOT feed trolls.
Trolls may end up getting upset stomach and cr4p all over.
Thank you.

Last 10 Posts

Post by Labels

Archived Posts

The Red Book

Friends

TheFreeDictionary.com #1

Hangman

My Hangouts

My sponsors

Interesting blogs

My Visitors

About me

A vegetarian who like to share what little he knows with anyone interested to listen. A husband to a very wonderful and lovely girl. A son who loves his parents but does not know how to express it correctly. An elder brother trying to make up for the mis-steps in the past. A colleague everyone just loves to smack on the head.

An Inconvenient Truth



YTL's Climate Change Week
6th - 9th Mar 2007

TheFreeDictionary.com #2

Word of the Day

Misc Buttons

Add to Technorati Favorites Varb For Me







Powered by Blogger