Everyone's got one... So here's mine!!!

Vol II: The Mis-Adventure Continues
Funny stories, witty encounters and serious reflections from Malaysia as experienced by a vegetarian struggling to understand the world.

Visit my new home at
www.adriantai.com
for more comprehensive updates.


Thursday, June 14, 2007

Singapore and Samy

I was in Singapore for a one day business trip.

I like Changi Airport. They have free local calls. Free internet. Free movie screenings. A nice sunflower garden and a nice mini ‘park’. It is ironic that Changi Airport seems have more plants in the airport than our KLIA, considering the fact that KLIA is supposedly nicknamed ‘Jungle in an airport’ (or maybe it was 'Airport in a jungle'?). There are hardly any trees and plants in our ‘jungle’!
Sunflowers in Changi
Sunflowers in Changi Airport

Flowers in Changi
Flowers in Changi Airport

More flowers in Changi
More flowers and trees in Changi Airport

It was a business trip so it was nothing really eventful. I had my usual there – Mushroom soup at The Soup Spoon. I also got to meet up with 25-kid.

I took the evening flight back to Malaysia. To get to my seat, I had to go through the business class section. While walking in, I suddenly noticed a familiar head (hair, actually). The guy seated at the front seat was non other than... Mr. Samy Velu, our Works Minister.

So can you imagine how difficult it was for me NOT to walk over to him when we were in mid-flight to ask about the 150 years guarantee he gave (he had recently guaranteed that the Parliament building will not leak again for at least the next 150 years), about MRR2, about the toll charges and the leaks we seem to have these days, etc... I was very tempted to ask if our planes will start to leak as well... I wanted to also ask if he’s willing to carpool and let me hitch a ride back to town. I could save some money from having to pay the toll and we’d be ‘greener’. In the end, decided to just let it rest. He probably just start to rant and rave about anything and everything and not tell me anything.

In case you’re wondering... No, I’m not sure if he took the KLIA Express or he had a driver waiting for him. I couldn’t be bothered. I was tired and just wanted to get home to Mrs. Tai.

Labels:




Please leave your comments. There are 7 comment(s).

On 6/15/2007 11:39:00 PM Blogger unnamed said:
of course everything free loh, b'cuz u already paid the airport tax mah!
On 6/16/2007 01:13:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Should have taken his picture and show it online.
On 6/16/2007 04:56:00 PM Blogger Phenom said:
Send my regards to Mrs Tai! hee...actually KLIA also not too bad la... manage to catch the whole Jurassic Park 3 wide screen again while waiting for my flight... hee
On 6/18/2007 10:29:00 AM Blogger adriantai said:
eh... KLIA also got free movie?!? hmmm... where... where...
On 6/20/2007 10:48:00 PM Blogger Phenom said:
wa..u swaku ah... before the skytrain la...
On 6/22/2007 03:47:00 PM Blogger adriantai said:
basket... call me swaku.

skytrain?!? you mean the train that takes you to the satellite building/ terminal? i din know they show movies there. most of the time, i see only ads.

but Changi one... really got the 'cinema feel'. the place all dark...
On 6/23/2007 10:30:00 AM Blogger Phenom said:
Hehehehehe.... next time u take flight... go ronda ronda la... like me, that time no choice...got coffee craving...so walk around until find latte then saw people watching the movie there ma.. hee
Click here to return to Main Page.


Visit Malaysia 2007



||::RELATED ARTICLES::||
Visting Malaysia
Port Dickson

||::INFORMATIVE SITES::||
www.tourism.gov.my
www.marimari.com
www.cuti.com.my

My Sites

My Chatbox

Please DO NOT feed trolls.
Trolls may end up getting upset stomach and cr4p all over.
Thank you.

Last 10 Posts

Post by Labels

Archived Posts

The Red Book

Friends

TheFreeDictionary.com #1

Hangman

My Hangouts

My sponsors

Interesting blogs

My Visitors

About me

A vegetarian who like to share what little he knows with anyone interested to listen. A husband to a very wonderful and lovely girl. A son who loves his parents but does not know how to express it correctly. An elder brother trying to make up for the mis-steps in the past. A colleague everyone just loves to smack on the head.

An Inconvenient Truth



YTL's Climate Change Week
6th - 9th Mar 2007

TheFreeDictionary.com #2

Word of the Day

Misc Buttons

Add to Technorati Favorites Varb For Me







Powered by Blogger