Everyone's got one... So here's mine!!!

Vol II: The Mis-Adventure Continues
Funny stories, witty encounters and serious reflections from Malaysia as experienced by a vegetarian struggling to understand the world.

Visit my new home at
www.adriantai.com
for more comprehensive updates.


Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Prosperity hugs

This article is in today's The Star.

I have no issues with giving one's wife a hug (or more) each day. In fact, I think it is a good thing. But what I cannot agree on is the other stuffs that you will need to do to help improve your luck.

Place anything that has to do with wood...
So I got this kayu (slang for idiot) friend, does this friend constitute as 'has to do with wood'? Or what about I use a lighter because after all, a lighter has a lot to do with wood! It can start a fire that can BURN the WOOD.

...yellow colour items to be placed in the west direction
If the WEST happens to be your main gate, would you think twice about hanging your yellow underwear near the main entrance to your house? :)

I have always believed fengshui to be a belief or practice that focuses on being harmonious with your nature or surroundings. Planting trees to improve your health, I can agree. Avoid having a house facing a junction, I can agree. After all, logically, it can be dangerous and distracting. A car might not be able to stop in time at the junction and crash into your house! And those glare from the car lights at night can really annoy you when you are watching TV or trying to get some sleep. Let's not forget about the noise.

But I definitely cannot subscribe to the idea that you need to hang a jade ornament here and put a glass of water there in order to improve your luck or health.

But a hug... A hug is OK by my books. Oh well, that's only me... Maybe that explains why I've not made my rm1 million yet. On second thoughts...

Darling! Let's place more ceramic plates and bowls on the Southwest corner of the house.

Labels: ,




Please leave your comments. There are 4 comment(s).

On 2/12/2007 09:43:00 PM Blogger dmr said:
haha i just told my mum about this article... She asked my dad to hug her more...my dad said he hug her alot... But she said it doesnt matter alot must MORE haha...i guess this feng tsui thing also will bring great happiness to the household.. :D
On 2/13/2007 06:41:00 PM Blogger adriantai said:
as long as we don't go overboard, anything is ok... that's why i can agree with this recommendation - to hug your loved ones everyday.

but i get a massive headache when i hear about having to buy this and that and then place it somewhere... :)
On 2/14/2007 08:50:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Hi Adrian, came to know about your blog through vicky. i totally agree with your opinion that no external substance can enhance our 'luck' or the quality of our lives if our character is not up to it. Plus, the word 'quality' itself is rather subjective. to some, it could mean two luxury cars and a bungalow, while for others, it could mean having to spend more time with the family without owning big cars. oh, btw, those neck-ties... my oh my... are you as animated as the ties you wear? if yes, i'd like to have a conversation with you some time!!
On 2/16/2007 08:45:00 AM Blogger adriantai said:
i so agree with you, fy wong. different ppl have different wants...

am i as animated as my ties?!? depends on who you ask... if u ask me, i'd say yes and even more!

if you ask my colleagues... if there a 'tie' and there a 'me', it would be they'd rather hang me with my tie... hahaha...

as my wife, and she'll tell you i'm as cute as the cartoons on the ties.

conversation? anytime... i always check the chatbox and reply to comments posted on the blog.

coffee also ok... :)
Click here to return to Main Page.


Visit Malaysia 2007



||::RELATED ARTICLES::||
Visting Malaysia
Port Dickson

||::INFORMATIVE SITES::||
www.tourism.gov.my
www.marimari.com
www.cuti.com.my

My Sites

My Chatbox

Please DO NOT feed trolls.
Trolls may end up getting upset stomach and cr4p all over.
Thank you.

Last 10 Posts

Post by Labels

Archived Posts

The Red Book

Friends

TheFreeDictionary.com #1

Hangman

My Hangouts

My sponsors

Interesting blogs

My Visitors

About me

A vegetarian who like to share what little he knows with anyone interested to listen. A husband to a very wonderful and lovely girl. A son who loves his parents but does not know how to express it correctly. An elder brother trying to make up for the mis-steps in the past. A colleague everyone just loves to smack on the head.

An Inconvenient Truth



YTL's Climate Change Week
6th - 9th Mar 2007

TheFreeDictionary.com #2

Word of the Day

Misc Buttons

Add to Technorati Favorites Varb For Me







Powered by Blogger