Everyone's got one... So here's mine!!!

Vol II: The Mis-Adventure Continues
Funny stories, witty encounters and serious reflections from Malaysia as experienced by a vegetarian struggling to understand the world.

Visit my new home at
www.adriantai.com
for more comprehensive updates.


Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sprint Highway

Everyday, I take the Sprint Highway home. In case you don't know, this is the highway from Damansara Heights (or Jalan Duta) to a few other areas like the NKVE-Damansara toll.

The intesting thing about this highway is that if you're heading towards KL, you don't have to pay any toll charges. If you're heading towards PJ, then it will cost rm1. The toll booths are located just after Eastin Hotel and Phileo Damansara. Of course if you opt not to pay rm1, you can get then get yourself stuck in the jam by using the small and parallel road that is just next to Eastin Hotel.

Most of the time, I prefer to pay the rm1 as I really can save some time. Anyway, this is what I observed about the highway...
  1. If you're heading towards PJ in the evening on weekdays, traffic is really quite smooth all the way to the toll booths
  2. The Touch-N-GO queue is usually longer than the cash queue. I guess it is not really that touch and GO after all... :)
  3. At least 1 lane has got TWO booths to collect your rm1 (more on this shortly)
  4. Those people working in Sprint really know where to build the toll booths because right after you pay rm1, you get this:

Right after you pay rm1, you get into a jam that stretches all the way to the LDP Interchange

The jam does not happen just on rainy days. It happens almost everyday!

So, I really have to ask the people at Sprint if they actually need TWO people to run TWO booths at ONE lane when the cars can hardly move IMMEDIATELY after they pass the toll booths. If traffic is smooth after the toll booths, I can see how having TWO booths can speed things up... But common, it is a crawl and sometimes I have can't even move after I have paid my rm1.

And... Can someone remind me why I just paid rm1?!

Labels:




Please leave your comments. There are 2 comment(s).

On 3/16/2007 04:43:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
You post a nice and funny article. I was laughing all the way after I read this.

Talking about traffic jam, the last time I encountered was last April. A short queue, cause of road maintenance at night.

I hate the traffic jam in Malaysia. When I was back in M'sia 2 years ago, I try to go to places during working hours and also by toll highway. I can't bear the feelings of stuck in the traffic jam, hot and humid weather.
On 3/17/2007 08:43:00 PM Blogger adriantai said:
i guess that's one reason why i seldom go KL. i just dread getting stuck in a traffic jam.

at least road works there is done at night. here, they usually do it at peak hours (when me and thousands others) are using it! and they seem to just take forever to repair the roads.
Click here to return to Main Page.


Visit Malaysia 2007



||::RELATED ARTICLES::||
Visting Malaysia
Port Dickson

||::INFORMATIVE SITES::||
www.tourism.gov.my
www.marimari.com
www.cuti.com.my

My Sites

My Chatbox

Please DO NOT feed trolls.
Trolls may end up getting upset stomach and cr4p all over.
Thank you.

Last 10 Posts

Post by Labels

Archived Posts

The Red Book

Friends

TheFreeDictionary.com #1

Hangman

My Hangouts

My sponsors

Interesting blogs

My Visitors

About me

A vegetarian who like to share what little he knows with anyone interested to listen. A husband to a very wonderful and lovely girl. A son who loves his parents but does not know how to express it correctly. An elder brother trying to make up for the mis-steps in the past. A colleague everyone just loves to smack on the head.

An Inconvenient Truth



YTL's Climate Change Week
6th - 9th Mar 2007

TheFreeDictionary.com #2

Word of the Day

Misc Buttons

Add to Technorati Favorites Varb For Me







Powered by Blogger